Friday 11 April 2014

Bottles (part 2) ...... the latest Craft Stamper Take It, Make It Challenge

Good morning everyone,

Happy Friday ...... it's time for a quick reminder that the current Take It, Make It Challenge over on the Craft Stamper Blog is up and running.  Have you got your entry in yet?  Need a bit more inspiration?  Well .... hopefully I can help.

The theme for this month is all about ...... Bottles.  It could be anything from an altered bottle, to a card made using a bottle rubber stamp.  Design your own label for a bottle or make a bottle tag.  Use small bottles/vials as the focal point on your project, or you could even make your own bottles from acetate ..... the choice is up to you.

Here's my second inspiration piece for you .......


A cute little wall hanging using one of my favourite Lavinia stamps ...... the beautiful Tree Goddess 'Luna'.  Have you spotted the Bottle?

I started with a plain grungeboard page from a mini book.  I covered one side using a patterned paper, then did a touch of stamping around the edge using the Lavinia Vine stamp .....


For the other side I took some white card stock and printed those famous words from Peter Pan using the computer.  I then attached this to the grungeboard, and cut around the edge.


Using Distress Inks I added some colour and then stamped around the edge using the Vine stamp again.


On a seperate piece of white card, using a mask to create the moon, and Distress Inks to add the colour, I created the backdrop for the fairy.


She was then stamped using Black Versafine ink, and I added the leaves again around the edges, using first and second generation stamping.
I also added a touch of 'fairy dust' in there too.


Her wings have been stamped again onto acetate, cut out, fine glitter added to the underside and then attached over the stamped image to give a bit of dimension.


The edge of the card has had the IndigoBlu Flitter Glu and flake treatment .... one of my favourite techniques for adding the look of an extra layer without using another piece of card  .......... I've just run my phat foam, with Flitter Glu on, around the edge of the card then dipped them into the Mega Flakes - I've used Manchester Tart for this particular project.  Dust of the excess then finish with the scoochy in the usual way. Cool eh! It frames the stamped scene beautifully I think.
It was then mat onto a piece of black cardstock and attached to the front of the covered grungeboard.  Everything was finished off by adding the all important little bottle full of fairy dust.


I added some wire to the top to hang it by, and thread on a few crystal beads for a touch of sparkle.

And there you have it .... another idea for using bottles on your craft projects.   Check out today's post over on the Craft Stamper blog for more fabulous inspiration from the rest of the Design Team.

Are you feeling inspired to enter the challenge yet?  Go on, give it a go ..... you could be our next winner and get your hands on this month's fabulous prize - 4 pots of Luminarte Silks Acrylic Glaze! from this months sponsors Artist Trading Post.  You get to choose which colours you want too ...... which could prove a little difficult - there's 72 delicious shades to choose from.
Not only that ....... the winning entry will be published in the Craft Stamper Magazine, AND the Challenge winner will also be offered a Guest spot on a future challenge! Sounds good to me!
You have until midnight on Wednesday 23rd April to get your entries ...... don't forget to follow the rules though ...... you can find these on the Challenge post

Good luck!

Thanks for looking.  Enjoy the rest of your Friday and have a lovely weekend.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

8 comments:

Redanne said...

Your hanging is beautiful Linda and I love the little bottle of fairy dust, a really lovely touch! I have some of those paints and they are fabulous, what a fantastic prize. Hugs, Anne x

Tracy said...

Loooove it Linda...send me some pixie dust please!!
Tracy
xoxo

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,lovely colours and details.xxx

ElizabethR said...

Gorgeous and you can't beat a bit of Fairy dust! Have a great weekend. Elizabeth xxx

Ink Art Designs said...

I love the magic and the moon in this Linda! The bottle of fairy dust just adds that extra bit of magic and intrigue.
Dot x

Linda Page said...

oh that is beautiful Linda - very magical xx

shirley-bee said...

This is gorgeous, Linda! I love the fairy wings and the tiny bottle of fairy dust :)

Renee said...

I love anything with fairies, the pixie dust is perfect!